Bioteams: top 3 must-read articles from 2010
#1 The Social Media Healthcheck Reference Card
#2 The Seven Secrets of High Performing Teams (AudioCast)
#3 Leading collaborative business networks - 10 rules
Get all 3 here!
1. Social Media Healthcheck Reference CardThere is a joke doing the rounds which goes a bit like this. "Question: How do I make a small fortune in social media?" "Answer: Start with a big fortune!" My 2-sided reference card identifies the 8 main types of social media activity and provides a set of questions to determine a) how well you are organised for social media and b) what you should measure to determine its usefulness. Download the reference card.
2. The Seven Secrets of High Performing Teams (AudioCast)I set myself the challenge of explaining the essence of bioteams in less than 10 minutes. That's a toughie with 2 books and over 600 articles. Listen here and let me know how I did?
3. Leading collaborative business networks - 10 rules for successWhen you are leading or facilitating any kind of collaborative business network or venture you need to know that these are very different kinds of team than you encounter inside organisations. These are "bioteams" so-called because each team has a life of its own and the normal team "command and control" simply does not work. To be successful you need to know The Ten Rules for herding cats!
About Ken ThompsonKen Thompson delivers keynote conference speeches, workshop facilitation and in-house consultancy in four key business areas:
- Creating High Performing Teams in enterprises including Virtual and Mobile Teams (based on the Bioteams Book)
- Establishing effective Collaborative Business Networks enabling companies to co-operate effectively in areas such as sales and product development (based on the book - The Networked Enterprise)
- How to use the latest social media technologies including blogging and online communities to promote enterprises, brand, organisation or event
- Development of graphical on-line interactive Business Dashboards and What-if Simulators for organisations to support Performance Improvement, Strategy Development and Executive Team Development.
Bioteams Books Reviews
Knowledge-based SMEs and SMBs (small fish) need to read "The Networked Enterprise (TNE) - competing for the future through Virtual Enterprise Networks (VENs)" with its numerous real examples and proven techniques to find out how to use VENs to develop strategic partnerships with BIG FISH (large enterprises) to propel them to the next level of competitive success. BIG FISH must also use TNE to gain enhanced access to innovation, agility and alternative risk/reward and cost models by partnering with small fish via VENs.