Bioteams referenced in a dozen new books
I did some searching with Google books search and Amazon book search and was pleasantly surprised to find that "bioteams or bioteaming" is discussed in over a dozen recent books. You can checkout my Bioteams book here or my latest book The Networked Enterprise (TNE) which describes in detail how to use bioteams to create Virtual Enterprise Networks.
The 14 books are listed below - most of them discuss bioteams with a couple simply referencing it:
- The Integrative Design Guide to Green Building by Bill Reed, 2009
- Management Principles: A Contemporary Edition for Africa by P. J. Smit, 2007
- Sustainable Graphic Design: Tools, Systems and Strategies by Wendy Jedlicka, 2009
- Designers, visionaries and other stories by Jonathan Chapman, Nick Gant
- The Creative Workforce: How to Launch Young People Into High-Flying Futures By by Erica McWilliam, 2009
- Social by Social by Andy Gibson, 2009
- Leading IT Projects: The IT Manager's Guide by Jessica Keyes, 2008
- The Lawyer's Guide to Collaboration Tools and Technologies by Dennis M. Kennedy, Tom Mighell, 2008
- Successful IT Projects by Darren Dalcher, Lindsey Brodie, 2007
- The 9th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 2008
- Microscopes: Webster's Quotations, Facts and Phrases, 2008
- Where in the World is My Team by Terence Brake, 2008
- Dot Cloud: The 21st Century Business Platform Built on Cloud Computing by Peter Fingar , 2009
- Managing the Gray Areas: Essential Insights for Leading People, Projects & Organizations by Jerry Manas, 2008
If you find any other books I can add to this list please let me know.
About Ken Thompson
Ken Thompson is an expert practitioner in the area of bioteaming, swarming, virtual enterprise networks, virtual professional communities, virtual teams and management simulation and has published two landmark books:
Bioteams: High Performance Teams Based on Nature's Best Designs
The Networked Enterprise: Competing for the future through Virtual Enterprise Networks
Ken writes the highly popular bioteams blog which has over 500 articles on all aspects of bioteams (aka organizational biomimicry) - in other words how human groups can learn from nature's best teams.
Ken is also founder of an exciting European technology company Swarmteams which provides unique patent-pending bioteaming technologies for all shapes and sizes of groups, social networks, business clusters, virtual/mobile communities and enterprises. Swarmteams enables groups to be more responsive and agile by fully integrating their mobile phones and the web with bioteam working techniques.
The latest Swarmteams implementation is SwarmTribes which helps social object owners (e.g. musicians/bands, sports teams, film-makers) and good cause sponsors (e.g. Volunteering, Environmental, Public Health) to form unique collaborations with their fans/supporters for mutual benefit.
Bioteams Books Reviews
The Book "The Starfish and The Spider" uses the amazing capabilities of starfish to survive and regrow damaged limbs as a powerful metaphor for leaderless organisations.