Team Collaboration: Funny Video Icebreaker
"For the Birds" from Pixar is a hilarious 3-minute cartoon video which I have used many times as a ice-breaker with teams, networks and groups. It is a great way to make people laugh, relax and quickly open up a really good discussion on some very important team-related issues. Make sure you watch right to the end with the sound on!
The video can be used to open a discussion on a number of important aspects about good collaboration and effective teams, as listed below.
I have also included links to relevant articles on each of these topics
- The power of team diversity (or requisite variety) - great teams include some funny looking birds too
- The importance of big companies as well as small companies in a successful collaborative network
- Understanding and respecting the 3 distinct rings of commitment in any team
- The unexpected consequences of hasty actions
- Nobody likes free-loaders....but what can you do?
- Avoiding cliques in communities and teams
I am sure you will think of many many more.....
About Ken Thompson
About Ken ThompsonKen Thompson delivers keynote conference speeches, workshop facilitation and in-house consultancy in four key business areas:
- Creating High Performing Teams in enterprises including Virtual and Mobile Teams (based on the Bioteams Book)
- Establishing effective Collaborative Business Networks enabling companies to co-operate effectively in areas such as sales and product development (based on the book - The Networked Enterprise)
- How to use the latest social media technologies including blogging and online communities to promote enterprises, brand, organisation or event
- Development of graphical on-line interactive Business Dashboards and What-if Simulators for organisations to support Performance Improvement, Strategy Development and Executive Team Development.
Bioteams Books Reviews
"Cell", the new novel by horror writer Stephen King, paints an all too plausible scenario where our addiction to cell phones enables a malicious virus to be pulsed to every phone in the world turning all who take the call into a flock of murderously mad zombies.