Five useful tips for virtual software teams
Making distributed software development easier
- Try and have at least one team member who meets the customer regularly
- Use a shared knowledge repository
- Exploit instant messaging
- Check in with other team members daily
- Use e-mail as a last resort
These tips make pretty good sense for any virtually distributed team not just software development teams!
Bioteams Books Reviews
Teams, networks, groups and their members behave in an irrational way but quite predictably so. A good team leader will understand this and use it to everyone’s advantage. One key point is to knowing each team members motivations and whether they are operating in “social economy” or “market economy” mindsets.